Houston Single Ply Roofing
Houston Single ply Roofing is a roofing system that uses a manufactured materials to form a waterproof membrane in sheet form that is installed in a single layer on top of roofing insulation. Single ply roofing installation can be a good selection for mainly commercial and industrial buildings, and some residential properties, depending on the slope of the roof and other important considerations. Single ply is estimated to be used on as many as fifty percent of the roofs of commercial, industrial, institutional and manufacturing buildings.
The highly experienced roofing professionals at Strata Roofing and Construction, Houston, are available to consult with you to help you make a good decision on the type of roof installation for your property. Strata Roofing is fully licensed, bonded and insured in Texas and an Accredited Business with Better Business Bureau since 2008 with an A+ rating https://www.bbb.org/houston/business-reviews/construction-services/strata-roofing-construction-l-l-c-in-houston-tx-90003735).
Strata Roofing & Construction serves the Houston Metro Area and surrounding communities, including: Spring, Cypress, Sugarland, Katy, Rockport and Lufkin.
Single ply membrane roofing has a long history of success as a roofing system of choice for many applications.
Advantages of Houston Single Ply Roofing:
- Light weight.
- Flexibility of use on many different types, designs and sizes of roofs.
- Ability to remain intact in cool and warm weather.
- Good alternative in areas prone to severe weather and hurricanes.
- Very flexible in its installation and use.
- Excellent resistance to ultraviolet radiation.
- Highly reflective of sunlight.
- Easy and quick installation.
Disadvantages of Houston Single Ply Roofing:
- Shorter longevity compared to other roofing materials.
- Limited to lower-angle or lower-grade roofs. High-slope roofs are poor candidates.
- Thin material is vulnerable to ripping and punctures, creating risks for leaking.
- Water can pool up on the material.
- Seams between overlapping, adjacent material are susceptible to leaking and other issues.